cookbook 'freebsd', '= 0.1.10'
Handles FreeBSD ports setup
cookbook 'freebsd', '= 0.1.10', :supermarket
knife supermarket install freebsd
knife supermarket download freebsd
Handles FreeBSD-specific features and quirks.
Tested on FreeBSD 7.2, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 9.0.
This recipe ensures the Ports Collection collection is fully up to date.
This recipe should appear first in the run list of FreeBSD nodes to ensure that
the package cache is up to date before managing any
package resources with
Provides an easy way to set port options from within a cookbook.
It can be used in two different ways:
- template-based: specifying a source will write it to the correct destination with no change;
- options hash: if a options hash is passed instead, it will be merged on top of default and current options, and the result will be written back.
Note that the options hash take simple options names as keys and a boolean as value; when saving
to file, this is converted to the format that FreeBSD ports expect:
|Option Key Name||Option Value||Options File|
|create||create the port options file according to the given options||Yes|
|name||The name of the port whose options file you want to manipulate;|
|source||if the attribute is set, it will be used to look up a template, which will then be saved as a port options file|
|options||a hash with the option name as the key, and a boolean as value.|
# freebsd-php5-options will be written out as /var/db/ports/php5/options freebsd_port_options "php5" do source "freebsd-php5-options.erb" action :create end # Default options will be read from /usr/ports/lang/php5; # current options from /var/db/ports/php5/options (if exists); # the APACHE options will be set to true, the others will be unchanged freebsd_port_options "php5" do options "APACHE" => true action :create end
License and Authors
Copyright 2010-2012, ZephirWorks
Copyright 2013, Opscode, Inc. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
freebsd cookbook CHANGELOG
- Update method used for non-interactive portsnap on FreeBSD 10
- Updating to support both 11.12.8 and 11.4.2
- Reverting changes made in v0.1.6
- Update provider to match Chef-Client 11.14.2 changes
- [COOK-4454] Added FreeBSD 10 to test harness
[COOK-3933] - Add a recipe for ensuring the Ports Collection is up-to-date
- [COOK-2568]: FreeBSD cookbook throws Error in runtime
- [COOK-1605] -
- [COOK-1430] - resolve foodcritic warnings; LWRP now defines default action
- [COOK-1084] - fix older version building from ports
- [COOK-1074] - initial release
0.1.10 failed this metric
FC019: Access node attributes in a consistent manner: /tmp/cook/47c98685e8912d6ee773a8c3/freebsd/recipes/portsnap.rb:20
0.1.10 failed this metric