cookbook 'yumgroup', '= 0.3.0'
yumgroup (7) Versions 0.3.0 Follow2
Installs/Configures yum packages via yum groups
cookbook 'yumgroup', '= 0.3.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install yumgroup
knife supermarket download yumgroup
A LWRP to install yum packages based on yum groups. This is a stop gap measure while we wait for CHEF-1392, since I have an itch to scratch right now (heck maybe this morphs into the solution for that ticket?)
Any platform that supports installing packages via yum using yum groups.
NOTE: Fedora 18 will work with the :install and :upgrade actions, however the :remove action may be flaky, and attempt to delete everything in the dependency tree (regardless of the value of the groupremove_leaf_only setting!)
Just include the
yumgroup recipe in your cookbook to get access to the LWRP:
include_recipe 'yumgroup' yumgroup 'Web Server' do action :install end
The yumgroup lwrp provides 2 additional attributes that can be set to control its behavior:
- flush_cache - Update the yum metadata cache before or after the yum action (similar to the yum_package resource)
- cache_error_fatal - Make updates of the metadata cache fatal (by default they are not)
- Fork the repository on Github
- Create a named feature branch (like
- Write your change
- Write tests for your change (if applicable)
- Run the tests, ensuring they all pass
- Submit a Pull Request using Github
License and Authors
Authors: Mike Morris
License: 3-clause BSD
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.